DO I NEED A PERMIT?
Permits are required for the following:
- Single & two family dwellings
- Multi-family dwellings
- Attached or detached garages
- Additions of any size
- Decks attached to a dwelling or to an existing attached deck
- Detached decks
- Detached accessory structures over 108 sq. ft. in building area; (certain residential areas have a size restriction for accessory structures; if you are unsure if this applies to your home please check with the Municipal Office at 204.736.2255)
- Structural alterations/renovations
- Non-structural alterations/renovations over $25,000 in value
- Demolition or re-location of any structure
- Any work addressed within the Manitoba Building Code 2011 requirements - unsure if this applies to your project, please call the Municipal office at 204.736.2255
Permits are not required for the following:
- Painting, stucco, siding, shingles where the same material is used
- Replacement of doors or windows where the size of the openings is not altered
- Installation of cabinets or shelves
- Non-structural alterations/renovations under $25,000 in value
- Detached accessory structures less than 108 sq. ft. in building area. These structures are still required to meet the minimum front, side and rear yard requirements and the separation distance requirements between the dwelling & accessory structure under the Zoning By-Law.
If your project is not listed above or if you are unsure if your project requires a building permit, please call the Municipal Office at 204.736.2255.